Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Injury

Last week I was feeling so high on myself....I was training so well, and then BOOM! My knee stopped cooperating. I have had to deal with a case of runner's knee over the past week, but thankfully today it seems to be all but over. I'm still going to increase volume and intensity cautiously, but I should be ready to go for Shamrock in a week and a half.

I almost made it through February without injury. Basically my Base 2 period has pretty much been shot. What I had intended to accomplish has really not happened at all. But that's fine. I've been more consistent with my volume all Winter, so I'll be fine.

I don't like how my personality changes so much when I'm injured. It dangerously consumes all of my thoughts and frustrates me to no end. I need to constantly remind myself that triathlon is not the end all be all. It's a hobby and I need to treat it like so.

That being said-

I'm very excited about Shamrock in a week and a half. I love racing, and I haven't been in a competitive race since October, so I'm pumped.

No comments: