Saturday, July 7, 2007

My First 112

Well, actually it was my first 100 as well. I went out intending to do 100 in around 5 hours, but I felt unbelievable and the course I plotted turned out to be a little long, so it worked out well. Ended up hitting the ride in 5:16 and change, avg 21.2 mph. Very happy with that. I can definitely bike under 5 hours in Louisville comfortably with aero stuff and by actually racing. Nutrition was good too, although it was freaking hot outside and I probably didn't have enough to drink in order to run a marathon afterwards.

The Tour de France started today, which is very exciting for me. A lot f people aren't paying attention to the race because of the absence of Lance, the doping scandals, etc etc, but I like it for the day to day drama. Of course I don't like the fact that most of the peleton is doping, but watching a race unfold is a beautiful thing...like a piece of art.
I'm rooting for Cadel Evans and Levi Leipheimer this year, and I'm also hoping big George wins a stage. If those two are on the podium and George gets his stage win, I'll be a happy camper!

No comments: